Amulya to play a tomboy in her next film


She won a Filmfare Award for her role as a soft-natured and innocent girl in the film Shravani Subramanya, but that's not an image Amulya wants to be stuck with. The young actress is looking at raising the bar with the kind of characters she essays, and one such, it would appear, is her hatke role in lyricist-turned-director Kaviraj's project. "The film is tentatively titled Maduveya Mamatheya Kareyole. This is a realistic romantic comedy, as it has been inspired by one of my relative's life story, which we have tweaked a bit. We have signed on Amulya because I thought she fits the bill of my female lead character perfectly," says Kaviraj.

Elaborating about her role, Amulya says, "I've signed this film especially because my character is very different from the ones that I've essayed until now. I will be playing a college girl, who is more of a tomboy." Though she has mostly done demure, girl-next-door characters, the actress says that she doesn't find the new role challenging as she connects with it. "While I appear quiet and shy, I'm actually a rowdy at home. Since I'm the youngest, I've been pampered a lot and I have learnt to get things done my way with my family, even if it is on the sly. So, I can relate to the character a lot," she adds.

Post a Comment

0 Comments