Sudeep-Ravichandran: No questions asked


Kannada film Maanikya, which was released earlier this year, made news for the onscreen pairing of stars Sudeep and Ravichandran for the first time. Back then, Ravichandran had agreed to play Sudeep's father on screen with no questions asked.

Now, it was time for Sudeep to return the gesture. Says Ravichandran, "I wanted Sudeep to give his voice for my film Apoorva. It is a challenging film as it features just two main characters, me and Apoorva. And to keep the story going, and the audience interested, the film requires a strong narrator and there is nobody else but Sudeep who fits the bill. He has this commanding and deep voice that is unique. In addition to that I also wanted him to play a special role in the film. I asked him to come and work for this film for a day or two and he agreed without asking any questions whatsoever. That is the kind of bond we share. We don't ask each other about details or unnecessary questions. We just trust and we do."

Sudeep, who travelled from Chennai to squeeze in a schedule for Ravichandran's Apoorva, tells us, "I don't need to know what or how someome like Ravichandran would want to portray me in his film. I will blindly do what he says."

On the set, at a mall in Bengaluru, Sudeep was seen fighting a few goons in a parking lot. While he was thrashing all the baddies, he was also continuously calling out for help. Strange scene indeed, and Ravichandran says, "This takes place before I get stuck in the lift with the female protagonist Apoorva. To find out what the connection is and what happens thereon, watch the film."

Post a Comment

0 Comments