Salloni wants to do 10 films with Uppi


Actress Salloni Asvwani is back on the Kannada screen with Shivam, opposite Upendra, who seems to be one of her favourites co-stars in this industry. Talking about why it took her a long time to sign another Kannada film, Salloni says, "I always go with good scripts and people and I hadn't got that opportunity for a while. When Upendra called me and offered this role, I grabbed it immediately." She also adds, "This is my third film with him and it's definitely a privilege. My earlier films with him have been hits and I am keeping my fingers crossed for this one too." 

The role that Salloni plays in the film is that of a happy-go-lucky girl. "I play this fun-loving girl, who is a pandit's daughter. The relationship I share with my onscreen father is quite funny and our scenes are mostly comical," says Salloni, who found it quite tough to shoot the songs of the film in the cold weather of Turkey. While she says the snow-clad mountains were scenic, she adds the temperature was 'killing'.
 
About her director, Srinivas Raju, Salloni says, "He has sketched my character quite well. He is really good and co-operative. The set used to be lively because of him and Upendra. We had a gala time while shooting for the film." But it is perhaps Upendra who has impressed Salloni the most. She says, "I want to do at least 10 films with Upendra. He is a great actor and, a good director too, yet so modest and down-to-earth." And while Salloni didn't share any screen space with the other leading lady of the film, Ragini Dwivedi, she says, "I have heard that Ragini has done really well. She has command over the language and the character has shaped up well; not to forget that she looks glamourous."

Post a Comment

0 Comments