DK to revive Viraat heroine’s career

Newcomer Chaitra is set to debut in Sandalwood with DK, which stars Prem and is directed by Vijay Hampali. However, this is not her first tryst with the film industry. She had previously signed up for a film called Viraat opposite Darshan, which seems to have been shelved. "I signed Viraat when I was 19. I'm not from this industry. I had pinned all my hopes on that film.

I was bound contractually to the film and therefore could not take on any other project. I relied on the film as my stepping stone. But, the filmmakers stopped shooting midway and I wasn't informed about it at all. I'm 23 now. I discontinued my studies and I was depressed. I even put on weight mid-way. The team disappointed me. But soon, I realized I needed to pep myself up and I'm now raring to go and hope to make a mark with this new film," says Chaitra.

As for DK, Chaitra says, "The film already has become quite talked about because of its title and tagline that says 'Ra... Love Story'. I've seen a few of Prem's films, but the way he's worked on his look and mannerisms now makes it look like as though he's debuting with a new avatar along with me."

Post a Comment

0 Comments