Yograj Bhat takes acting tips from Yash instead of Sudeep

Yograj Bhat's acting debut in Dyavre is making heads turn in Sandalwood. Though the trailer(that carries glimpses of his acting) has struck a certain chord, the ace Kannada director says he has "tried his best" to avoid donning the grease paint. 'Gadda' Viji, a former assistant of (director) Suri and Bhat, is making his debut as director with this film, which he has also written. The film is about a group of prisoners trying to escape and the complex lives they have left behind. The film is said to be a combination of six plots, converging at one point. Bhat is playing the role of a jailor in the film. 
"I kept nodding to Viji, thinking that by the time shooting get started, he would find another actor. Even on the first day of shoot, I was hoping someone would do that role." But Viji managed the impossible by making Bhat act in what is considered the most prominent role in the film. Bhat had only recently rejected the offer to act in the lead role of the Kannada remake of Salt N Pepper. Prakash Raj is now directing in the film titled Oggarane. 
Once it became clear that he had no other go, Bhat decided to take a few acting tips. "I write dialogues and tell my actors how to deliver them. As a director, I can tell actors how to do it. But doing it was a different game altogether. I began to wonder how actors memorized all those lines. I decided to seek help of Sudeep. It was then that Yash landed at my office. I had my office locked up - not wanting others to know that I was seeking lessons from Yash. For over an hour, I recited the dialogues to him. He was smiling all along. I did not know if he was appreciating or pulling my leg. I finally asked him how to remember all those lines. He told me the secret of memorizing the first and last words," Bhat said. Ironically, the dialogues for Dyavre are written by Bhat himself. 
But the film crew says that Bhat performed the scenes with elan, throwing no hints of being a novice. Yash says in Bhat Sandalwood now has a character actor — brother or father — to assist the leading men. Bhat had so far even resisted the idea of doing a cameo in his own films. He is already a popular director and lyricist apart from story-screenplay and dialogue writer. He has also rendered voice to a couple of songs in Pancharangi and Kaddipudi. Says Viji, "I would give him the key lines and hewrote all the dialogues. During this process, I was pestering him to do the jailor's role. Though he tried to avoid, he knew while writing the dialogues that he might end up mouthing them on screen. He took only 15 days to complete his role and has come up with an unbelievably good performance." 

Post a Comment

0 Comments