SANDALWOOD: Pavana’s real-life story

The actress almost reprised her reel story in real life after an accident. She is back now by bagging a role alongside Vijay



Known for the earthy and non-glamorous role in which she made her debut, actress Pavana faced the possibility of being consigned to such roles. But the actress has revealed a new look that has surprised Sandalwood. Pavana reveals why she changed to a 'hot look'.

The actress, who made her debut in the critically acclaimed Bombegala Love, ended up almost reprising that role in real life. In the film, she plays a physically challenged girl who overcomes the odds to try and lead a normal life. Right after the film, Pavana went through a harrowing time after an accident threatened to cut short her budding career. So determined was Pavana to not allow the accident trouble her, that she has not spoken about it till now. She made a determined comeback and has now bagged the lead role opposite Duniya Vijay in the new film Jackson.

She says, "After Bombegalal Love, I met with an accident in Bangalore. A woman riding a two-wheeler literally ran the bike over me. I was bedridden for months. My parents decided that I will not go back to films. But I was determined. If I had been bedridden for a longer time, they would not have allowed me to continue my film career. So I returned as soon as it was possible and acted in Jatta."

But in both the films, there was zero glamour. Nobody believed Pavana would ever be considered for lead roles in commercial films that need the leading lady to show glamour. But Pavana defied the convention. "I needed to prove that I could do glamorous roles. When people saw the photos from my new photo shoot, they said they were really good. I proved I could be both conventional and glamorous," she says. The actress has recently completed shooting for Jackson and it is her entry into the commercial genre.

Post a Comment

0 Comments