I’m more than ‘the man of the house’ today, says Akshay Kumar

Akshay Kumar and twinkle Khannamissed a big Bollywood wedding last year. I remember asking Twinkle the next morning why they weren’t there. She said that Akshay had come home from the shooting of Brothers and was so exhausted that he simply crashed. The man, always raring to go, had no energy to don a suit and face people of his fraternity. That is the kind of training that Khiladi Kumar did forBrothers. The film releases today and he was at the cast-and-crew screening with his wife and son Aarav. Here he talks about the journey of the film, how it changed him and why he will continue to push the envelope and himself every day of his life...

You’ve done action films before. ButBrothers has been the most physically exhausting one of all. Why is that?
Not just full of energy, it has the longest climax I’ve ever had to shoot for in my life. Brothers has definitely been the toughest, most technical, fighting action film of my career. This wasn’t about me turning up on a daily basis and giving my best. My best wasn’t good enough. Until I learnt how to perform skills like a proper MMA fighter, we didn’t go home, we didn’t pack up, there was no tomorrow until today was perfected. The entire stunt team made sure of that, there were no room for flaws, they got the best out of us, and my director got the best out of them…

Post a Comment

0 Comments