PM Narendra Modi gets emotional in Time Magazine interview

In the brink of completing one year in office, PM Narendra Modi in an interview to the hallowed Time Magazine, opened up about a variety of issues. But it was a question about his humble past that reportedly got him emotional. 

When asked what inspires him in life, Modi teared up and is quoted as saying, "Poverty, in a way, was the first inspiration of my life … I decided that I would not live for myself but would live for others." 

The PM also strongly rebutted the perception built in certain quarters that minorities in the country are under siege. Reiterating his motto of 'sabka sath, sabka vikas', Modi said that whenever a "negative view might have been expressed [about] a minority religion, we have immediately negated that....My government will not tolerate or accept any discrimination based on caste, creed and religion." 

When asked if India needs a dictatorship, the PM firmly replied in the negative. To reaffirm his belief towards the democratic ethos, Modi said, "If you were to ask me to choose between democratic values and wealth, power, prosperity and fame, I will very easily and without any doubt choose democratic values."

Post a Comment

0 Comments