Akshay Kumar has the best sense of humour in the industry: Lisa Haydon

Lisa Haydon, who will be seen in The Shaukeens next talks about her unconventional choices.


Are you playing the same role that Rati Agnihotri was seen playing in the original Shaukeen?
No, not at all. Rati Agnihotri is very beautiful and elegant. Ahana (her character), on the other hand, is a different kind of a fish in the pond. Ahana is a crazy wild child, addicted to social networking and volatile.

You are portraying the role of a die hard Akshay Kumar fan in the film. In real life are you such a fan of any actor?
Ahana is not just a fan. She is obsessive. You see as you grow up in life your obsession moves away from fandom and becomes more of respect for that actor. It is because we enjoy their work a lot. If in that context you are asking, I guess I have a whole lot of actors whose films I have enjoyed over the years and have been their fans. I have enjoyed the work of every actor in Bollywood at some point of time.
Though Queen brought you a lot of fame and acclaim, you did not cash in on the success by going on a signing spree.
Are people actually saying that? I am hesitant to use terms like picking and selecting. I don't want to seem pricey, but money definitely is the driving force behind all work. On that note I have got a lot of movie offers but I want to sign those films which feel right to me.
Do you keep waiting for women-oriented characters?
Yes. That's a big yes for me. I like playing strong women characters. But I guess that's not all. Films don't work out for various different reasons. It can be something about the character that I don't agree with, it may be the money or something else. I just hope that I get offers to play characters which I love similar to what I have been doing of late.
Which actor in Bollywood do you think has a great sense of humour in Bollywood?
Akshay Kumar because he makes fun of himself in The Shaukeens.
Which actor do you think has the best body in Bollywood?
I would refrain from answering that because I am no judge. Also objectifying someone on the basis of their physical attributes doesn't go that well with me.

Post a Comment

0 Comments