DIARY AND THOUGHTS OF A LEBANESE LESBIAN

“2 years ago, a girl made a move on me and this is how it all started …
I was at a friends’ party and a girl made a move on me. We spent the entire night talking until we ended up kissing. I was very open minded about it.
6
The 24 years old Lebanese girl living in UAE with her older sister feels very acceptable and comfortable with her orientation even though the region isn’t that open when it comes to homosexuality:
We are all born who we are, there is no normal or deviant. Sexual practices is only but one aspect of sexual identity.
It is a little annoying in our countries especially when you have to hide the fact of being homosexual. Lesbians can be met and differentiated only in specific places. They act like any other straight girl in their daily life because of the fear of the society and others’ opinion.
Close friends who know about my orientation don’t mind and quite a few of them are also homosexuals but I am still a little afraid when it comes to opening up and telling my very open-minded parents who are even ok with my homosexual friends, especially when I’m sure double standards apply towards their own daughter. Usually Parents are the last to know since it comes to confidence and overcoming the fear of rejection by the most people in life. Some parents reject their child because of his/her sexual identity.
Sometimes I wish I was born a boy in this male-dominated society. Earlier I even used to flatten my breasts and wear loose clothes but now my level of acceptance is higher. I do not act like a typical girl neither I let the society influence me.
1
About relationships and future, the red-headed yoga girl said:
I had relations with men and with women. I can say I am bisexual but more into girls. As friends I prefer men but when it comes to love, I understand the female body and know how to pleasure my partner in addition to the fact of begin easier to get along with a woman on a personal level”.
7
She added:
Relationships’ wise, it is the same between two girls as between a girl and a guy. Sometimes a girl plays more the guy’s role in the girl-girl relationship and this role is carried on to bed as well.
I don’t have an ideal girl of my dream. Any girl I get along with on an intellectual and personal level with good chemistry can be the one. I see myself in the future married to the woman I love and living with her and our adopted kids“.
2
Homosexuality is loudly spreading in the world nowadays. It is still illegal and considered irregular in our society especially when the decision is up to the religions.
Regardless of being with or against, rejecting people just because they are different is dishonorable. Homosexuals are people. They are mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister, friend, neighbor, etc. just like all of us and they have all the right to love, marry and have sex.
4
P.S.: I have my negative point of view concerning homosexuals adopting kids.

Post a Comment

0 Comments